- Ó is a choreography directed by Cristian Duarte created in the context of the artistic residency Lote where the choreographer has been developing his research in dance since 2011.
With the interest for minimalism in dance and the sensoriality of movement, this creation manifests the will to establish a tactile dramaturgy through the ceaseless modulation of perception and affection. In an attempt to move away from the tragic hemisphere present in Orpheus’s Greek narrative – anchoring reference of this creation – the backward glance, that made him supposedly lose Eurydice, became a device for interrogating time as matter.
It is in the relationship with a way of life that comprises the gesture of looking backwards as a movement of bending, and updating of the experience, that the work bets on sharing with the public the construction of a field of empathy and to establish a dilation of the senses.
- A Cristian Duarte em companhia and Lote production.
- Choreography and Direction: Cristian Duarte
- Cocreation and Coproduction: Aline Bonamin, Bruno Levorin, Cristian Duarte, Felipe Stocco and Tom Monteiro
- Dance: Aline Bonamin and Felipe Stocco
- Dramaturgy and Choreography Assistance: Bruno Levorin
- Music Composition: Tom Monteiro
- Light: André Boll
- Costumes Concept and Production: Aline Bonamin, Bruno Levorin, Cristian Duarte and Felipe Stocco
- Costumes Consultancy: Daniel Lie
- Vibration: Rafaële Giovanola
- Provocation: Thiago Granato
- Photography: Haroldo Saboia
- Funded by 17ª Edição do Programa Municipal de Fomento à Dança para a cidade de São Paulo.
- In cooperation with CocoonDance (Bonn/De).
- Coproduced by Théâtre du Crochetan Monthey, Theater im Ballsaal Bonn, CocoonDance.
- Supported by Goethe Institut São Paulo, Casa do Povo, Ministerium für Familie, Kinder, Jugend, Kultur und Sport des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen, Kunststiftung NRW, Bundesstadt Bonn and Théâtre-ProValais, Le Conseil de la Culture Etat du Valais, La Loterie Romande.
- Support in 2017-18: Lote#5 and 21ª Edição do Programa Municipal de Fomento à Dança para a cidade de São Paulo.
- Production-Diffusion: Carolina Goulart/Cristian Duarte em companhia
- Cristian Duarte em companhia: Carolina Goulart
- Photos Video