- The interest of Alta Necessidade (High Necessity) lies in the articulation of space and the body as an organism. Having as initial condition metaphors of excess, it proposes a pollution of stimuli to investigate movement, organisation and selection. In addition to dance, light and sound are operated during performance.
Organism – a system of interdependent parts, responsible for the adaptive maintenance of a structure/life.
- “The first scene of Alta Necessidade is of the kind that qualifies as genius its investigation process. Whoever lacks an impeccable example of the relation between theory and practice will find in it all that is needed. Such a process that began in the excellent Embodied (2003), did not stop there, but fortunately, made its title a procedure – in the scientific sense of the term, the one that identifies a way of dealing with information.” Helena Katz, O Estado de S. Paulo, 12/12/2003
- Conception, Creation and Performance: Cristian Duarte
- Light Design: André Boll
- Tech Operation: Cristian Duarte
- Production: Dora Leão
- Support: Estúdio Nova Dança
- Acknowledgments: Flavio A. A. Rodrigues, Fabiana Dultra Britto, Thelma Bonavita, Diogo Granato, Cristiano Karnas.
- Solo developed through the fund Prêmio Estímulo do Centro Cultural São Paulo 2003. Municipal Secretary of Culture of São Paulo City Hall.
- APCA Award 2003.